HOW TO GET THERE
Are you flying to Mara North Conservancy?
Mara North airstrip coordinates:
- Several Kenyan Airlines use Mara North Airstrip, including Safarilink, AirKenya & Mombasa Air
- From Nairobi (Wilson Airport) with Safarilink and Airkenya.
- From Northern Kenya (Nanyuki, Lewa, and Samburu), with Safarilink, depending on routing and availability.
- From Amboseli with Safarilink, depending on routing and availability.
- From Mombasa with Mombasa Air.
- Private charters from anywhere in Kenya.
The Maasai Mara is approximately 280 km west of Nairobi. Driving will take you about 5-6 hours. Nairobi to Narok will take you about 2-2.5 hours, and about 3 hours to Mara North Conservancy. The road is scenic and makes for a fun road trip. There are several fuel stations In Narok, one just before the river, and another after the river which is a great stop for food, bathroom breaks, and snacks at either the ArtCafe, Narok Coffee house and so many eateries around Narok. Leaving Narok to Sekenani gate(Maasai Mara Reserve) will take 2-3.5 hours depending on the vehicle you are traveling with.