· Twice daily scheduled Safarilink flight departing Nairobi Wilson at 10h00 & 15h00
· Once daily scheduled Safarilink flight departing Samburu & Lewa at 09h30 and Nanyuki at 10h00
· Three times daily in high season and twice daily in low season - Air Kenya flight departing Nairobi Wilson at 09h15, 12h15 and 15h15
· Once daily scheduled Air Kenya flight departing Samburu & Lewa at 08h30 and Nanyuki at 09h15
· Once daily scheduled Mombasa Air flight departing Mombasa at 07h30, Ukunda at 08h00 and Amboseli at 09h15
· Private charters from anywhere.
Mara North Airstrip coordinates:
S 01° 08.53; E 035° 08.39, Elevation 5200ft
If you are leaving by air on any scheduled service, please note that the flights will not wait and sometimes arrive early! It is important that you get to the airstrip well in advance of your scheduled flight. The airlines recommend at least 30 minutes in advance.
The Maasai Mara is approximately 280 kms west from Nairobi .
Driving will take you about 5-6 hours. Nairobi to Narok will take you about 2-2.5 hours, the road is absolutely beautiful and smooth.
In Narok there is a fuel station just across the river which is a great stop for food, toilet and snacks. Leaving Narok to Sekenani Gate will take you about 2-3.5 hours depending on the vehicle you are travelling with.